Friday, December 23, 2016

Nature Republic Haul and Review

Nature Republic Centella Scar Ointment ($14.90)
After watching many k-beauty YouTube videos, I heard that COSRX's Centella Blemish Cream was great for reducing acne scarring and diminishing other pigmentation. Had no idea what "centella" was but heard it was great for that; hence, I found this at Nature Republic and decided to get it because COSRX is uncommon in stores. Let's hope this works!!

Update: this smells nice and does work a bit BUT A HUGE SIDE EFFECT is that it induces weird bumps, and wide, within the area I use this on. this has happened three times already and I have had to stop using it the next day. sadly, I do believe it reduces scarring but I can't risk the bumps. I've tried using it as 1/4 this with 3/4 toner but still.... 

Nature Republic Longlasting Smudge Shadow Stick ($10.90)
This year was a good learning experience for eyeshadows. I've swatched so many while in Seoul in all the roadshops, swatched so many at Sephora, and was gifted a couple eyeshadows. With that being said, I really wanted a shadow stick that easily glided on without me needing some kind of extra brush (although I have one) or eyelid primer (which I also own). Nature Republic had 20% off everything so I was walking around, swatching things, came upon these shadow sticks, and fell in love. First off with eyeshadows, you must swatch them on your eyelids. You cannot judge them by the swatches on the back of your hand because it's different on. For example, I liked No. 2 on my hand but really did not like it on my eyelids.
No. 1 Pink Chiffon Cake - like a pale pink, nice for a subtle look

No. 2 Lilac Touch - it's a bit more pink than purple; opaque

No. 3 Sparkling Rose - this was a surprise to me because red on eyes?! but it is a trend in Korea right now and once I swatched it on my eyes, I was won over. opaque enough to work as eyeliner also
No. 4 Shining Orange - pretty nice pale orange; can definitely layer for a bolder look. I would pick this over No. 1 and 2
No. 5 Moon Tan Load - (don't understand the name lol) this is the most popular color. a simple gold shimmer, compliments anyone
No. 6 Purple Mocha - this is a darker shade of the No. 5 and would be great as your darker color to smoke out the eyes/give more dimension

I bought No. 3 and No. 5 because I couldn't choose! Will definitely use both and they're easy to apply. It is a rounded tip so I can't use them as eyeliner just yet but once I use it down to a flatter surface, I can apply it as eyeliner with the edge.
Update: LOVEEEE THE NO. 3 SPARKLING ROSE. 

xx jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment