I want to touch up on the trends I see all around campus. With the cold weather of Winter, it's time for layers and covering up to keep your neck up warm.
This would be the "norm", most common combination aside from maybe pairing these with a thicker coat such as an olive utility jacket or parka. Dark colors create versatility to include a statement piece, which I made here the Dr. Martens for a pop of color. Having a dark palette makes it easier to wear more unique colored accessories/shoes.
Next up, we have what is a mix of punk and prep with blurred lines. The canvas backpack and structure tall chestnut boots fit into a more preppy category while adding a moto jacket with a spunky beanie keeps the edge. This outfit would work with any neutral tone tee--graphic or basic will work-- and a comfy pair of blue wash jeans. The zippers of the moto jacket complement the details of the boots.
A risk-taker, ey? Try a graphic tee and a tartan plaid skater skirt, optional sheer stockings, and ankle booties. I thought tall boots could shorten the frame so I chose ankle boots. Making this more sophisticated, a black blazer adds on a touch of adulthood, appropriate for school.
Lastly, the simplest outfit for those lazy, must-rush-out-of-the-house days: a crewneck/sweater with basic pants/jeans and your favorite pair of sneakers to finish it off. Since this is so basic, you can accessorize with jewelry, a watch, a scarf, headwear, and your choice of a bag. Just don't overdo the accessorizing.
xx jasmine




No comments:
Post a Comment